Salutation To a Great Teacher

This poem is a salutation,

To the best teacher, to that great person!

Who molded my dreams and defined desires.

And set within me the fires!

 

His ultimate weapon – That Stick,

With which he made me prompt and quick!

And I’m sure he’d be getting hic-cups.

When I remember those sit-ups!

 

For all my problems, he lent his ear,

I put him before god and yet call him sir!

Sowed the seeds and my dreams he nurtured.

Inspired me and laid the path for my future!

 

Held my hand, took me across the boundaries,

Introduced me to the world of mysteries!

Acquainted me with all the philosophies.

And brightened the domain of sciences!

 

Early mornings and late nights,

Came and went the festivals of lamps and the kites!

Sacrificed his sleep and delights for my rights.

Redefined limits and pushed me to the heights!

 

Stretched me to that last line,

Ignored my cries and whines!

But now I realize.

The test of fire only made the steel fine!!!

 

Forever is till when he’d be remembered,

Forever I'd want his blessings showered!

To him I dedicate this rhyme.

For he helped me know Who I Am!

 

3 comments:

TANMAY said...

Good one.
Feelings are straight-forward and exemplifying.

shivi said...

awesome..!!!
quite deep in a way..
did is wat i call a student..

workhard said...

Man that is beautiful.. u really good in this..

Haiku poetry