A Cigarette In My Hand

With a cigarette in my hand..

I feel like a Man!!

Passing by the lonely streets,

The Charm, The Power it makes me feel!

 

Looking back in the depth of time,

When I was just a kid..

Ambitions soaring high, Wings not too big.

One Alone, lonely and frustrated boy,

Chaffed of his duties and dreams

Once decides to have some relief.

 

Here, the story begins,

This boy lands in cigarette wonderland.

Bewildered, what a small stick can make him feel,

Perplexed he is, though keen!!

Finally he enters the dreaded territory,

Full of smoke, excitement & energy.

 

Though for some seconds, that smoke gave him freedom.

To forget all his miseries, worries, pains and fears.

It made him feel like never before.

Contended now with what he was..

Years passed by and that stick kept burning,

Promising its service forever, till the ending!!!

 

0 comments: